Switch SX Description
Team Xecuter SX Switch Pro supports on All Nintendo Switch firmwares from any region. It’s used to support Custom Firmware(CFW) on the Nintendo Switch, so users can play free Switch games finally!
Team Xecuter call their Nintendo Switch flashcard SX Switch, like it announces before, this flashcard works on any Nintendo Switch firmware and region console, including the latest v5.0.2. The main function of SX Pro is installing CFW on your Nintendo Switch consoles. After the custom firmware setup on the console, you can start to play downloaded free Nintendo Switch games without the need to buy the expensive retail Switch cartridges.
- The exploit works on any firmware from any region.
- The same ‘jighack’ device is needed to start the hack as we’ve seen before.
- The exploit payload is delivered via a USB-C dongle.
- These hardware exploits must be used every time the console is hard booted but both are removable after the initial boot.
- The dongle has another USB-C passthrough – for charging/updating possibly? Not sure about this.
- There are three options displayed on the screen upon booting the device with the hack:
- Boot Custom FW
- Boot Original FW
- The custom FW has the ability to fool the console into thinking any game is inserted into the cartridge slot.
- No word if this applies to e-shop only games, as the video only shows games with a physical release being tested:
- Superbeat: Xonic
- Island Flight Simulator
- Batman Telltale Series
- The custom FW presumably allows for loading games off of the SD card
- No mention of what format these games must be in to be loaded
- It’s not their only product for the Switch. They haven’t shown off the other(s) yet. This is convenient, but they’ve already stated that a solder-in modchip is coming.
Team Xecuter Switch SX(video)